The Main Street Academy's Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
The PTO's Vision
Provide resources to help our students achieve the highest levels of academic and social excellence.
The PTO's Mission
Provide programming, fundraising, and communications to augment the school’s core initiatives. Enhance our sense of community; culturally enrich our students; maximize cohesion between parents and faculty; promote/coordinate family volunteerism; and embody the TMSA Leader In Me 7 Habits: Be Proactive; Begin with the End in Mind; Put First Things First; Think Win-Win; Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood; Synergize; Sharpen the Saw.
Our PTO sponsors a variety of events and activities throughout the school year from our teacher appreciation initiatives to our annual Citrus Fruit Fundraiser. We are an active and involved PTO and there are numerous opportunities for you to stay connected.
How can you become involved:
Join the PTO – Complete the online membership application and conveniently pay the annual fee via Square or CashApp.
Attend PTO Meetings -These meetings are the perfect opportunity to learn about volunteer opportunities, fundraisers, and upcoming events. It is also a great way to meet other parents. PTO hybrid (in-person and virtual) meetings will be held the first Tuesday of each month during the 2023 - 2024 school year.
Support PTO Fundraisers – The PTO will sponsor numerous fundraisers throughout the year to raise money for our school. We will need all hands on deck and your support is vital to our success.
Participate in Sponsored Events – Support and enjoy our PTO sponsored events with your family. You will be glad you did!
Your involvement with the PTO will make a difference in the life of TMSA and our community. We look forward to serving in partnership with you.
PTO Committee Chairs (seeking to fill the roles immediately)
The Fundraising Chair shall:
- The ideal candidate shall have experience managing 4 - 8 fundraisers during the school year
- Be able to commit 4 hours a month between PTO meeting, as well as Fundraising Chair duties
The Publicity Chair shall:
- Have experience with Canva, PowerPoint and social media channels
- Be able to commit 4 hours a month between PTO meetings, as well as the Publicity Chair duties
- Manage the PTO's official Facebook page
- Bring the PTO to life through digital storytelling
- Attend school functions and events to take photography and write articles for submission to various publications and TMSA's website - tmsa.org
- Decorate and maintain the PTO bulletin board located in the school's front lobby to reflect a positive and informative display.
- Coordinate with TMSA's Director of Communication regarding the PTO's publicity initiatives
Room Parent Chair:
The Room Parent Chair shall:
- Solicit volunteers for a minimum of one (preferably two) Room Parent(s) per classroom and maintain records (i.e. name, phone, email) for communication purposes
- Coordinate and review with the Room Parents their responsibilities, including requesting parental consent forms for student photos and the PTO directory, supporting the teacher with class events, and recruiting volunteers to assist with various PTO events
“We believe students are best served through relationships with adults in their lives, particularly those at school and in their homes.”
We value the membership and participation of every parent, caretaker, teacher, administrator, relative, business partner, and community member who would like to join The Main Street Academy's PTO.
Membership is $15 per family per school year.