Title I Corner
Title I Program Description and Services
Title I is a federally funded program designed to ensure that all children have a fair, equal, and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and reach, at a minimum, proficiency on challenging state academic achievement standards and state academic assessments.
- Ensure that high-quality academic assessments, accountability systems, teacher preparation and training, curriculum, and instructional materials are aligned with challenging State academic standards so that students, teachers, parents, and administrators can measure progress, against common expectations for student academic achievement;
- Meet the educational needs of low-achieving children in our Nation’s highest-poverty schools, limited English proficient children, migratory children, children with disabilities, Indian children, neglected or delinquent children, and young children in need of reading assistance;
- Close the achievement gap between high and low-performing children, especially the achievement gaps between minority and non-minority students, and between disadvantaged children and their more advantaged peers;
- Improve and strengthen accountability, teaching, and learning by using State assessment systems designed to ensure that students are meeting challenging State academic achievement and content standards and increasing achievement overall, but especially for the disadvantaged;
- Provide greater decision making authority and flexibility to schools and teachers in exchange for greater responsibility for student performance;
- Provide children an enriched and accelerated educational program, including the use of school-wide programs or additional services that increase the amount and quality of instructional time;
- Provide school-wide reform and ensure the access of children to effective, scientifically based instructional strategies and Challenging academic content;
- Significantly elevate the quality of instruction by providing staff in participating schools with substantial opportunities for professional development;
- Coordinate services under all parts of this title with each other, with other educational services, and, to the extent feasible, with other agencies providing services to youth, children and families; and
- Afford parents substantial and meaningful opportunities to participate in the education of their children.
Parent Resource Center
Please visit The Main Street Academy’s Parent Resource Center.
We’re excited to serve you!
Continue reading →
2022 - 2023 School Family Compacts & Signature Page
2022 - 2023 Parent and Family Engagement Plans