On July 22, 2020 Principal Parker and Assistant Principal Avery welcomed new TMSA kindergarten parents and guardians to TMSA during a virtual meeting. Following are some very important highlights from the meeting to prepare TMSA kindergarteners, as well as their parents and guardians, for successful virtual instruction beginning on the first day of school - Tuesday, August 11, 2020:
- Instructional materials (textbooks, manipulatives, etc.) will be distributed at TMSA beginning the week of August 3rd via a schedule that will be provided in the near future (Chromebooks will not be available to kindergarteners until the end of August/early September).
- Kindergarteners will adhere to a daily instructional schedule focusing primarily on reading and mathematics.
- Each student will have one-on-time with his/her teachers virtually twice a week for at least 20 minutes
- The kindergarten supply list is as follows (subject to change):
- Folders with prongs (2 red, 2 blue and 2 yellow)
- Primary pencils (fat)
- Primary journals
- Elmer's glue sticks (6)
- Transitional reading and math practice as reflected in the enclosed graphic.
If you have any questions, please email Assistant Principal Avery at firstname.lastname@example.org.