Per Fulton County Schools (FCS) system, The Main Street Academy will adhere to the following guidelines on Wednesday, March 11, 2020
- TMSA students and teachers do not report to school
- No after-school activities
- Principals, APs, custodians, and other school-based employees who work 210 - 220 days will return
- All central office administrative and support staff who work 190 - 235 days will return
- All employees who work 181 - 205 days (paraprofessionals, PAs, teachers, etc.) will not return
- The Teacher Workday scheduled for March 24, 2020 should be changed to a fully operational school day for staff and students (pending Governing Board approval)
- TMSA students with siblings attending Bear Creek or Woodland Middle Schools may adhere to FCS's attendance schedule without penalty - excused absences at TMSA.
- Teachers will provide assignments on Google Classroom for the aforementioned students. If parents do not have access to online resources, teachers will provide hard copies of assignments that TMSA will deliver via Express Mail.
All TMSA teachers and students return to school on Thursday, March 12, 2020.
TMSA students do not report to school on Friday, March 13, 2020 as this day remains a Teachers Workday.
TMSA administrators reiterates the following points:
- TMSA is disinfected daily.
- Parents/guardians it's very important for you help maintain a healthy environment at TMSA. If your student(s) is not feeling well, he/she should not report to school under any circumstances. Also, it's very important to report to TMSA any doctor diagnosis your student(s) may receive that could potentially impact the students and staff at TMSA.
Please review these attached and important documents from FCS:
- FCS District-wide Re-Open Overview Schedule
- Letter from FCS Taskforce