Greetings TMSA Community,
The Main Street Academy’s administrative team is pleased to announce the continuation of the Fun Fridays program, that will occur the last Friday of every month (excluding holidays and breaks) during the 2022 – 2023 school year! Fun Fridays continues to be a schoolwide fundraiser. However, the monthly event has expanded to further advance a positive school culture and promote the Leader in Me habits, including “Sharpen the Saw,” throughout our school community. The expansion of the Fun Fridays program entails:
- Elementary (K – 4) and middle school (5 – 8) students attending school level pep rallies during the morning portion of the school day to receive awards, as well as recognition and incentives for Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS).
- Next, beginning at 1:00 p.m. TMSA scholars will participate in classroom or grade level activities, such as games, crafts, entertainment, or other fun activities.
- Most exciting, healthy eating will be promoted and adhered to every Fun Friday. Students may eat healthy, non-perishable snacks (being sensitive to nut and other food allergies). The delivery and serving of fast food, including but not limited to pizza and chicken wings, have been eliminated from Fun Friday events. Teachers will inform their respective classroom students, parents and guardians of approved healthy options to donate.
- Students may wear TMSA branded spirit wear on Fun Fridays consisting of a TMSA school approved branded shirt/sweatshirt (no hoodies) and traditional jeans (no ripped jeans).
- Finally, Fun Friday initiated as a schoolwide fundraiser in 2010 and continues to be a schoolwide fundraiser. Each TMSA student participating in Fun Friday events must donate an annual financial contribution of $10 payable via MySchoolBucks.The next Fun Friday will occur on Friday, September 30, 2022, in conjunction with Attendance Awareness Week.We appreciate your continued support as TMSA administrators are excited about the expansion of the Fun Friday program at TMSA.Thank You, Ishmael Abdul-Salaam Principal The Main Street Academy